November 21, 2010
I was hospitalized last week. It was the first time I ever had to stay overnight in a hospital. The care was great by the standards that you would judge hospital care. But the experience reinforced that old adage that when you have your health you have everything.
Now I’m not saying it was like being at a spa, but it definitely could have been worse. Like I wish I had a small light so that I could have read during the night without disturbing my roommate. Instead I did mental arithmetic problems. (I kid you not.) Which, I discovered, after about ten minutes lose their fascination. And if there is one thing I could recommend to hospitals, it is this: offer patients an ass massage. Charge extra for it if you want. Lying in bed for three or four days can make your ass feel like a piece of roughly hewn wood. Having someone turn you over and rub aloe cream on your ass would be a pleasure beyond words. At least that’s what I kept fantasizing about.
No comments:
Post a Comment