Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome to Fresh Paving!

Fresh Paving is my new blog and home to my humor writing.  I will be posting articles and other pieces to this site on an intermittent (and probably erratic) basis, so visit my blog from time to time and with luck you'll find something new.  Most of these posts will be "fresh" material, but occasionally I may throw in a prior work that never got its due or an updated version of same said piece.

Some of these offerings will be magazine-length articles, mostly non-biographical.  They will be on topics that somehow tickled my fancy.  And if there's anywhere you want to be tickled, it's there.  They will likely be longer (relatively speaking), but I hope they will keep your interest.  However, I also intend to post shorter pieces that will be a combination of brief thoughts, observations, and scratchings from something I'm calling The Sporadic Diary.  Watch for the occasional running series too.  For instance, City Guy In The 'Burbs will be episodic postings from you know who about you know what.  Capish? See, right there, that's a city guy expression.  I probably first heard that on Zerega Avenue in the Bronx in the '60s when on an errand for my mother to get cold cuts and cheese from Sal's Market.   

Anyway, I hope you will be amused and will return frequently.  And tell your friends to visit too.  I'm looking for followers.  Not like David Koresh, but in the more modern sense.  Being somewhat of a numerologist as well, I have a target number in mind.  It's a large number....I like an ambitious goal...so get others to sign up if you can.

Oh, yeah, why Fresh Paving?  Well, as a biker (the Lance Armstrong kind, not Hell's Angels) I've come to really appreciate a freshly paved road.  In fact, I seek them out.  Which explains why you might see me riding furiously around and around in some stretch of town that has recently undergone the hot asphalt and steam roller treatment.  I'm sure I've left some neighbors scratching their heads.  "Doesn't he know his way home?" they may be thinking.  If it comes up in conversation, tell anyone who asks that I'm okay.  Really, I am.

Well, new roads often mean new beginnings.  And I feel that, like a refurbished road, everyone deserves a shot at a new start.  Sometimes that's just what it takes to make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment